Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Trend-Pullback Watchlist

The following stocks are on my "trend-pullback" watchlist:

























Four featured charts:

7 comments:

  1. What indicators are you using to anticipate the pullback? Granted I know DWSN which is up 101.76% YTD can't sustain this type of growth forever, but what are the individual factors you are spotting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:15 AM

    Do you have PCF that looks for stocks that have traded above their MAs for a period of time (ex.40 days)? I can tell you scan for high Relative Strength 1 Year (vs. S&P500) with a recent breakout..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmichael,
    I don't use indicators, aside from noting if stochastics are overbought. I just want to see a pullback to previous support. If the stock is breaking out to new highs, I'll wait for a pullback to the breakout point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Chris. I occasionally do moving average scans, but focus more on stocks that have made it to my watchlist. From there, I just note where the ma is as I flip through my watchlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A quick note that I exited GRMN at $107.04 and went short RS at $53.16.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm guessing your reasoning for RS was all technical. It's a volatile day,where did you place your stops?

    ReplyDelete
  7. RS stop is above the 50 day moving average. I'll likely hold until my stop or target is hit.

    ReplyDelete