Saturday, December 02, 2006

100 Notable Books of the Year

Studies show that reading everyday keeps the brain and memory sharp. Just like a muscle, if you don't use it, you lose it. For the past few years, I've made it a point to read a book for at least 45 minutes everyday. It might not sound like much, but by doing this, I have managed a little over one book per week. This year, I've read over 60 books.

The New York Times just published it's list of 100 Notable Books of the Year. There is something for just about anybody, so have a look and keep that brain functioning at a high level!

I recently picked up Programming the Universe: A Quantum Computer Scientist Takes on the Cosmos by Seth Loyd, and highly recommend it. I'm looking forward to Michael Lewis's The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game. Hopefully it will do for football what his other books did for Wall Street and Baseball.

No comments: