Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Michael Jordan Trading Quotes


As you may have noticed in my "inpirational photos" post, I am a big Michael Jordan fan. Not only was he one of the most talented players to ever grace the hardwood, he also was one of the most hardworking and mentally prepared. Growing up, I watched and listened to everything Jordan related that I could get my hands on. What I took away from Jordan, more than anything, is that you must have confidence in your abilities, strive to continually make yourself better, be determined and outwork your opponent. Here are a few quotes, that as traders, we can all benefit from.


I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot... when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result.

I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.

I've always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don't do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results.

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.

If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.

Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.

The game is my wife. It demands loyalty and responsibility, and it gives me back fulfillment and peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

outstanding quotes. Are they all from MJ?

The Market Speculator said...

Yup, all are MJ quotes.