Monday, February 12, 2007

The Greatest Round in Heavyweight Boxing History

After doing my nightly sector review and preparing my watchlist, I decided I would fall asleep to Sportscenter. Being the boxing junkie that I am, I was happy to see that a replay of the final fight of the classic Evander Holyfield-Riddick Bowe trilogy was playing. Has their ever been a fighter with more heart, guts and determination than Holyfield? He is the only fighter, besides Hearns, who could gain more respect after a loss than most do after wins.

Well, I've wasted the past two hours watching clips of old boxing matches on the greatest gift to sports fanatics everywhere, youtube. Here is a clip of the 10th round of the second Holyfield-Bowe fight, arguable the greatest round in the history of heavyweight boxing. We're talking about two warriors that gave every fiber of their being and, as the cliche goes, laid it all on the line. This is the type of stuff that inspires me.

No comments: