Saturday, April 14, 2007

What I'm Reading

I took my daughter to Barnes and Noble today. Of course, I had to sneak over to the investing section. I picked up Steve Nison's Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques, Second Edition and Pring on Price Patterns : The Definitive Guide to Price Pattern Analysis and Intrepretation

Steve Nison is considered the candlestick guru. However, I have yet to read one of his books. Everything I know about candles I've learned from online sources and my own research. I had no plans to read the Pring book, but a friend of mine had recommended it and I'm a pattern addict. Hopefully it will be a good supplement to the Bulkowski chart pattern books.

I'll let you guys know how the books read in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nison's book is one we all end up owning since he was the innovator for using candlesticks on this side of the globe, and also because it's a relatively comprehensive reference which saves lots of Google searches and mouse clicks. However, you may be a little disappointed to find that you already know most everything in it. I decided instead to look at it as an opportunity to be pleased that I'd apparently picked up so much in crumbs over the last 20 years.

Also, it's "The Bible" of candlesticks, so everyone should have a copy on their reference shelf if for no other reason than to reward Nison for all the years of work, plus it makes a good, heavy bookend!