Thursday, April 19, 2007

ZUMZ Bullish Englulfing Pattern, Steel, Energy and the UFC

I entered ZUMZ yesterday on a pullback to support, and today it looks as though we have confirmation that the stock is going to bounce. ZUMZ printed a bullish engulfing pattern where three areas of support converged (the 50 day moving average, price and gap support). I could not have hoped for anything better.

Conservative traders would argue that yesterday's entry was risky. The safe way to have played ZUMZ would have been to place the stock on your watchlist as it moved to support, and entered only after they type of bullish confirmation signal we received today.


Steel and Energy stocks are high priorities on my watchlist. The two sectors are finally pulling back, albeit after parabolic moves up. STLD, RIO, PDE, VLO, HOC, MT, XTO and DNR are a few of my favorites right now. I've also added two new stocks to the breakout-pullback watchlist.

Off-Topic:
As many of you already know, I am a huge UFC and boxing fan. Saturday night, UFC is showing a good match-up free on SpikeTV. Mirko Cro-Cop against Gabriel Gonzaga. Mirko is known to unleash some of the most lethal kicks in mixed martial arts. Check out the teaser:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mirko got taste of his own medicine I am still in shock nice blog btw.

The Market Speculator said...

Yeah man, I can't believe Mirko was the one to be knocked out by a kick . . .crazy!