Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Short Squeeze Play: SRDX

SRDX, a drug stock, broke out over price and moving average resistance on huge volume today. While that's fine and dandy, what's really interesting is that it has a 30 percent short interest ratio. To put this number in perspective, breakout stocks make my short squeeze setup if the ratio is 10 percent or higher. Of the 125 stocks that were on my 3 percent +20 breakout scan, only two stocks came in above 20 percent short.

Do ya think the shorts that came home from a hard day of work and checked there portfolios this evening are panicking? I wouldn't be surprised to see more upside here. A stock that print a huge gap always worries me (since the gap point is so far way), so if I do enter I will use a tight stop just under today's price action, probably in the $42-43 range.

1 comment:

The Market Speculator said...

I don't have time to do a proper post right now, I'd just like to mention that I entered SRDX this morning at $45.54. It's doing exactly as I had predicted last night.