Monday, March 31, 2008

Trade Portfolio Charts: GTLS and DZZ

GTLS is an earnings breakout play that has shown accumultion as it consolidates the breakout move. A key day was early last weak when it confirmed the hammer the stock printed at the breakout point. The RSI and OBV trends are positive and the volume pattern has favored up days.

My target is the recent high of $38, while my stop is just under the breakout point, around $31. This gives me a nice 2.5:1 reward to risk ratio.



I am using the well known gold ETF GLD to detail why I entered DZZ, which is a leveraged inverse short ETF. I am using this chart because it gives a good example of how I like to play "fallen momo stocks". Note that Gold is showing many of the elements that DBA and other ag stocks showed as they broke down.

Why use an inverse ETF rather than short GLD or other gold stocks? The short ansser is I don't have to borrow shares, thus I don't incur any interest charges.



Updated Trading Results:

No comments: