Wednesday, July 16, 2008

GLD Entry and Trade Report

In the Monday morning edition of the Trade Report, I mentioned that I was bullish on the gold sector and was waiting for a pullback. A few readers wanted to know at what levels I would consider entering.

Let's take a look at the GLD chart. When looking for support and resistance levels, I want them to jump out at me. The first thing that jumps out at me is the two failed attempts to really past $94, followed by the current gap up over that level. This is where I define the new support level. If we get a nice orderly pullback into the $94-95 range, I will enter. However, if the pullback is on a large bar and many of the gold related stocks are declining on heavy volume, I will skip the trade.



Trade Report:

In the free Wednesday edition of the Trade Report, I discuss:

My QLD entry, this crazy market and relative strength

A few recent positions, X, ILMN and JOYG

Bearish engulfing and flag setups

The Weekly Watchlist

Diversification by way of setups.

Tuesday Report

Monday Report

No comments: