Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Minimalist Swing Trading Setup

I often get asked about my setup for swing trading.  I wish I had an extravagant answer.  I love looking at pictures of trader setups that show 6 stacked monitors feeding every bit of data a person could ever want, but I follow a minimalist approach to trading.


My stock trading setup:

1.  One 27 inch "all in one" computer.

This is a good mix of portability and power.  I prefer not looking at a small screen all day, so I traded in my laptop for a bigger screen that still provides portability.  The screen has a high resolution so I can split it when needing two sites up at the same time without having to tab back and forth.  For instance, when I want my focus list and charts up from TC2000 and my broker in view at the same time.

2.  One iPad

I recently added this to the setup only for blogging and the Trade Report.  Here I view member emails and social media like twitter.  I like to keep this separate from trading.  I also use it to read when I have down time.



That's it.  It is simple yet has everything I need to trade effectively.  The best part is it keeps me from information overload, which can be a nightmare for swing traders.

What is your stock trading setup?  I want you to share in the comments below.  

If you would like to learn more about how I trade, receive my nightly focus list with market analysis, setups and trade alerts, sign up for a 7 day free trial at BullsonWallStreet.com.  

If you like this article, follow me on twitter and retweet.  



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! So simple but obviously effective like it

CraigC said...

Just a PC with dual monitors - I have TOS with 5 Minute on one and Daily on the bottom of the 5 Minute. Then I have second screen with my Trading App software available

Unknown said...

One PC with two 24 inch with Etrade. One Mac with two 23 inch for my mentor site, email, screenshare. Basically my eyesight stinks so bigger is better.