Thursday, February 22, 2007

Today's Trades: EWZ and QID

I sold 700 shares of EWZ at $49.74 (entry at $48.44) for a $910 gain (+2.7%). I originally entered this trade as more of a long term swing trade. However, I didn't trust the gap up this morning, since it wasn't on tremendous volume. If I can enter again at support within the next few days, I will. Otherwise, I'm happy with the gain and will move on.

I bought 600 shares of QID at $49.85. QID is a leveraged ETF, which is basically the same as double shorting the Nasdaq ETF. As you can see from the chart below, QID is extremely oversold and at a key support area. The ETF has generally been kind to those who enter at this point, as shown by the arrows on the chart. As you can surmise, I am not confident that the Nasdaq is going to breakout to new highs. However, if it does, this is still a low risk trade. I will place a stop at about $48.85, ensuring that I lose no more than one point if things go bad on this trade.


BTW, I like the pullback in high end retail stocks such as RL, TIF and COH. I'm still not ready to enter, but will be watching closely over the next few days.

No comments: