Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Essential Steps for Shorting SPY and The Stock Market

Shorting the stock market is never easy.  However, the market often gives us clues that increase the probability of a successful trade.  Two weeks ago we talked about those clues.


Since then the market made an attempt at remounting the 50 day moving average.  If SPY had held those levels, the short setup would have been invalidated and we would be back to holding a bullish bias.  I did not let go of my short since the market is showing underlying weakness and the remount was far from explosive.



Today we got the failure of that remount with a huge down move.  Over in the Trade Report we are still holding our short position with our target at the 200 day moving average.

This two minute video goes over the SPY short trade.



http://youtu.be/qYlwLMiVqHQ

If you would like to learn more about how I trade, receive my nightly focus list with market analysis,setups and trade alerts, sign up for a 14 day free trial at BullsonWallStreet.com.  

If you like this article, follow me on twitter

1 comment:

Jack said...

Well written post on shorting SPY and The stock market. I am impressed with way you described all things. I found your post informative for everyone.
stock trading course